The spray coating technique utilizes ultrasonic nozzles, providing the ability to control the properties of the coating, which makes it easy to adapt it to applications that require thin uniform coating.
Advantages over other techniques:
- Easy shaping of sprayed patterns, resulting in precise coating applications
- Highly uniform surfaces are required particularly for cardiovascular devices, whereas rough, uneven surfaces can cause turbulation and thrombosis
- Solvents are highly sensitive to dipping, and spray coating used instead
- Highly controllable spray produces reliable, consistent results
- Coating wall thickness: 10-100 microns
- Coating Tolerance: ± 3 microns